Board Of Directors
Kids Included Together welcomes talented, energetic and motivated individuals to join the KIT team. Apply and lend your talents to support the inclusion of children with disabilities in out-of-school time programs.
TITLE: Chief Marketing Officer
OBJECTIVE: KIT is looking for a marketing leader with strategic, creative and financial acumen as well as a strong business intellect to help take our organization to the next level. A skilled-relationship builder, the successful candidate must be able to understand the intimacies and unique messaging requirements across various target audiences, end-users, decision-makers and industry influencers. The Chief Marketing Officer will establish the overall vision and strategy for marketing to advance KIT’s competitive position and further develop the brand as a global industry leader.
JOB SUMMARY: The Chief Marketing Officer is directly responsible for planning, creating and implementing marketing strategies that will build KIT’s brand, leading to an increase in earned revenue, charitable contributions and increased awareness among our target audiences of the child care and youth development field and our future audience of parents of pre-school and school-age children. The CMO is responsible for all external communications, including website, e-communications, advertising, public relations and social media. The CMO supervises the creative services team and resource development, as well as outside vendor contracts in marketing and creative and is responsible for managing the budget for this area.
CLASSIFICATION OF POSITION: Full Time Exempt
- Create and implement a cost-effective marketing strategy to increase KIT’s visibility among its target audiences on a national scale, focusing initially in several key markets.
- Develop and implement a marketing and outreach plan for new KIT products and take it to market.
- Develop and implement an annual marketing plan that promotes KIT’s training services and products to a target audience.
- Develop and maintain personas and other market research and analysis, including segmenting marketing and communications to the appropriate audiences.
- Use Google AdWords and other statistical/analytical data to drive engagement and revenue.
- Create an annual editorial calendar and engage KIT’s team of subject matter experts in creating content for blogs, videos, social media channels, articles, etc to promote KIT’s vision of inclusive communities.
- Develop a lead generation system for KIT prospects, both clients and donors.
- Oversee KIT’s web presence, resulting in a responsive website with high SEO.
- Lead the creation/production of inspiring design, content and campaigns that build KIT’s brand.
- Oversee the Digital Content Producer and the KIT Online Learning Center’s offerings.
- Position KIT as the leader in the field of inclusion.
- Capture examples and testimonials from the field and translate them into compelling storytelling for donors and clients.
- Seek out opportunities for partnership and collaboration with other like-minded organizations, with a goal to increase KIT’s reach nationally.
- Manage trade show and conference presentations as a lead generation tool.
- Produce KIT’s annual impact report and other donor communications and campaigns.
- Promote KIT’s CEO as a thought-leader and help create a platform for KIT’s philosophy of inclusion.
- Collaborate with other departments to promote KIT’s research and evaluation, best in class training and create public awareness of the need for inclusion in childhood.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience. Masters Degree or relevant certificate preferred.
- 10 years of well-rounded marketing/business development experience in positions of increasing responsibility, with a focus on marketing expansion and identifying emerging market trends.
- 3-5 years of leadership and supervisory experience with the ability to motivate and provide professional development to a small team of direct reports. An inclusive, collaborative style is important at KIT.
- Digital media marketing experience necessary.
- Experience building brand awareness.
- Preferred software skills: Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment is preferred.
- Fundraising experience is a plus.
- Belief in the right of all children to participate in their schools and communities, regardless of their ability.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Positive, upbeat attitude.
- A keen eye for design and attention to detail.
- The ability to work quickly and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good people skills and the desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Full-time w/benefits (medical, dental, Simple IRA contribution, paid sick leave and generous time off).
Salary is competitive in the non-profit industry.
- Expected start date is January 5th, 2015.
- Application close date: Friday, December 5th.
»Click here to apply and attach your resume, cover letter, and salary history
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designate to contain, not to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. Changes or modifications can be made, with the agreement of the Chief Executive Officer, at anytime to the above. KIT is an equal opportunity employer.
Please no phone calls or walk-ins.
2820 ROOSEVELT ROAD, SUITE 202 – SAN DIEGO, CA – 92106
PHONE: (858) 225-5680 – FAX: (858) 225-5690
RECOGNIZING THE ABILITY IN EVERY CHILD