Board Of Directors
Kids Included Together welcomes talented, energetic and motivated individuals to join the KIT team. Apply and lend your talents to support the inclusion of children with disabilities in out-of-school time programs.
TITLE: Digital Content Producer
JOB SUMMARY: The Digital Content Producer will conceptualize, create, design and produce digital learning products like eLearning modules, webinars, instructional videos and other types of digital learning resources. The Digital Content Producer will manage KIT's Online Learning Center (Learning Management System), working with the LMS vendor to enhance features, organize content and ensure accessibility and ease of use for KIT's eLearners. The Digital Content Producer will have knowledge of commonly used instructional technology concepts, practices, and procedures. Creativity and innovation around the production, delivery and use of digital learning content are critical skills for this position.
CLASSIFICATION OF POSITION: Full Time Exempt
- Oversee the collaborative process to develop, create and produce instructional materials for an online LMS for Kids Included Together clients.
- Develop and maintain all online content including KIT's LMS website(s) including active course content and related files or multimedia.
- Translate KIT's content and curriculum into a variety of online formats (eLearning modules, audio podcasts, instructional videos, virtual conference, webinars, etc.) as needed.
- Maintains currency with innovations and trends in digital learning and technology.
- Manages vendor relationships for online Learning Management Systems and other digital resources utilized by KIT as necessary.
- Manage and maintain graphic files, including photos, videos, logos and art related to the project.
- Maintain proper KIT branding.
- Maintain 508 compliance/accessibility standards online including website(s), website content and LMS.
- Edit and manipulate audio and video files, as needed.
- Partners with other departments to properly format new or existing or training materials for delivery within the LMS.
- Participate in research and development of instructional technologies that support the blended learning goals of KIT. Apply industry benchmarks to ensure KIT remains current.
- Work with data from LMS, cloud based database and email marketing manager, as needed.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform similar or additional duties as requested by supervisor.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (publishing content, user administration, courseware management, reporting features, communication tools, adding resources, etc.).
- Preferred skill: can write clean code that can be easily modified and repurposed by others.
- Preferred software skills: Articulate Storyline, Adobe Products (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Soundbooth, Media Encoder), Microsoft Office Suite, iMovie (or equivalent video) and audio editing software).
- Some familiarity with SCORM 1.2/AICC preferred.
- Advanced video and audio editing skills are a plus.
- Working knowledge of instructional design.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Experience developing for all modern platforms, including mobile (touch devices- tablets, iPads, phones). Ability to work with Macintosh computers a plus.
- Ability with spreadsheets and databases. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- A minimum of three years in a digital content creation and/or production capacity.
- A keen eye for design and attention to detail.
- The ability to work quickly and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to deal with changing priorities, tight deadlines and minimal management.
- Good people skills and the desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
- A self-starter who excels at working independently.
- Possess excellent problem solving skills and ability to research and discover creative or technical solutions to business challenges.
- This position requires use of a computer for extended periods of time.
- Full-time w/benefits (medical, dental, Simple IRA contribution, paid sick leave and generous time off).
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Upon interview please be prepared to present a digital portfolio and three professional references.
- Expected start date is January 5th, 2015.
»Click here to apply and attach your resume, cover letter, and salary history
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designate to contain, not to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. Changes or modifications can be made, with the agreement of the Chief Executive Officer, at anytime to the above. KIT is an equal opportunity employer.
Please no phone calls or walk-ins.
2820 ROOSEVELT ROAD, SUITE 202 – SAN DIEGO, CA – 92106
PHONE: (858) 225-5680 – FAX: (858) 225-5690
RECOGNIZING THE ABILITY IN EVERY CHILD